Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 3:

If nothing else, BufBloPoFo is a learning tool. Last year, we learned how to load a dishwasher, how to take a leak, etc. Let’s keep that going this year, but instead of focusing on what people are doing wrong, tell me what you think you do right. Walk me through a process. Give me the step-by-steps. Can you make damn good baba ganoush? Can you tie a bow tie? Can you pour the perfect Guinness??? Teach me how, perfesser.

How to workout and enjoy it:

  1. Step one: get your groove on - download some kickin music to your ipod and jam out with the tunes and get your biscuits moving.
  2. Pick something you enjoy doing by yourself and with others. That way you have a back up plan if your workout buddy decides they "can't" make it. For example: I enjoy running at early hours of the day [not many fans out there that like 5:00am runs] but I also like gazelle workouts at the gym with my girlies after work. Sometimes life gets in the way after work. Sooooooo on those days I still do a small run in the am to safeguard that I get at least little workout that day. Committing to yourself is more important than to others.
  3. Get a pet [dog, pig, horse, cat, etc.] and walk the little mate every day. It is good for the pet and you. Plus, if you are single it is a great way to make you more approachable and meet people. For me, I use Moose as defense mechanism during our walk on the dark unlit street we live on. Shhh... don't tell my secret but he would probably only protect me if I was attacked by a flying frisbee. Ahh he is a lover not a fighter.
  4. Most importantly workout to feel good about yourself, your health and your mind. Doing it just to lose weight is not going to keep you motivated and happy. Make it a part of your life not something you do to punish yourself for eating the last brownie or in my case the last chocolate chip cookie.


No comments: