Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lets hope I am in the 90%

Baby check up week 25 or 6 months. Lets just say the appointment was fine ... the follow up phone call not so much. After my appointment yesterday my midwife contacted me to follow up on a confusing ultrasound report about the condition of my placenta. Come to find out I have what is called Marginal Placenta Previa.

The major concern with this condition is that the baby will come way too early. The positive thing about this is that it can fix itself, BUT it has to fix itself within the first 28-30 weeks.

I go back on 9/8 at 2pm for an ultrasound to see if the placenta has fixed itself. By then I am 28 weeks. My doctor appointment is 9/10 to discuss the results. If it isn't fixed I will be restricted from travel, lifting heavy items and intercourse [not that you care but we ARE sharing].

Many of the websites on the "super reliable all knowing internet" state that 90% of women's placentas fix themselves. I am hoping I am in the 90%!!!!

The baby is fine, still growing and has a strong heartbeat and moving like crazy as I type this blog update.

On more positive news [or maybe for me only] by addiction to Ebay continues to be strong and active. I won a wonderful car seat for Clint called Chicco Keyfit. The seller listed it as EUC [excellent used condition]. The car seat is immaculate. I really think they brought the baby home in it and that is all they used it for, seriously no wear on this thing. Of course its color decor is super masculine with a variety of brown shades. Think milk chocolate and caramel [ok its my afternoon treat time] anywhoo. It really nice and it was a wonderful WIN errr I mean buy. Now I am hoping to win my dream stroller the BOB Revolution Mesa Orange.

Keepin' positive in Pdam!!


No comments: